The Boston Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service (BBA LRS) is committed to protecting your privacy. The BBA LRS knows that you care how information about you is used. Below is a description on how the BBA LRS uses the information you voluntarily provide on the BBA LRS Website.
The information you provide is confidential and is used for internal purposes, including, without limitation, responding to your request for an attorney, tracking internal data and improving our marketing and promotional efforts. Specifically this means:
- When you submit a Request for an Attorney on-line, the BBA LRS will use the information you provide to respond to your inquiry based on the matter you describe.
- If we refer you to an attorney, we will supply that attorney with your name and the type of legal matter you presented (Criminal, Family etc.)
- We do not sell, rent or distribute any information about those requesting an LRS Referral including e-mail addresses, phone numbers or mailing addresses to anyone outside the BBA.
- We may need to contact you for further information about your case to make the most appropriate referral. The BBA LRS may use the contact information you voluntarily provide, such as phone numbers, email addresses, or postal addresses for the purpose of responding to your confidential request.
- In some instances, we may reach out to our panel members to find one who might be able to take your case. In doing so, we may describe your matter in more detail but we provide no personal information or detailed information about your legal issue that would allow someone to determine who you are.
- We do not provide the attorney your contact information unless you specifically agree to allow us to on the request form. Even if you agree to allow us to share your phone number, you must contact the attorney.